Friday, April 22, 2011

McMahon Does Apprentice

Had an idea for a story - Vince McMahon taking over a successful NBC show on Sunday nights. Not sure where to go with it, but the idea kept nagging at me so... This might be continued or might now. But the seed for the idea has been planted. Vince replacing "The Donald".... Hmmmmmm!!

Disclaimer: Everyone owns themselves and I own no one. It's just a fic.

**

Vince McMahon was sitting in his office going over budget reports for WWE.

"Austin's only been back for four months and our alcohol budget has increased by 160%", Vince groaned. "I may have to fire a Diva or two to make up the difference in our budgets."

Suddenly, Vince felt a tingling in his spine and a major pain shoot through his head.

"It's my Vinnie-sense", he thought to himself. "Major annoyance fixing to occur!"

And as if on cue, the intercom on his desk buzzed.

"Mr. McMahon, your daughter Stephanie is here to see you."

"Send her in", Vince sighed as he reached into his desk and opened a bottle of tylenol. "Maybe she won't stay long!"

"Hi daddy", Stephanie said as she came into the room.

"Hello Princess", Vince smiled as he stood up and gave his daughter a kiss on the cheek. "So what brings you to my office today?"

"Well, I was just in the building with the girls and felt like stopping by", Stephanie said.

"Where are my little angels today?, Vince asked

"Don't worry. Kane is looking after them and teaching them how to blow up Hornswoggle", Steph said with a smile.

"Kane is teaching them what...?", Vince asked.

"Kane keeps placing Hornswoggle on the top turnbuckle and then igniting the flames. The girls love it!", Steph giggled.

"I doubt Hornswoggle likes it very much though", Vince sighed. "But so long as my granddaughters are having fun, it's all right."

"And also, Daddy... I had an idea", Stephanie said.

"Oh Lord, here it comes", Vince thought to himself as he forced himself to smile. "And what is that, Princess."

"Well, I've been watching the news and you've seen how Donald Trump seems to be positioning himself to run for President..."

"I've spoken to Donald several times and he is considering that option", Vince noted. "So what?"

"Well", Steph said. "If Donald runs for office, that means he won't be doing Celebrity Apprentice anymore, right?"

"No, he wouldn't have time, plus the equal time campaign laws would force him to quit that show.", Vince agreed.

"So why don't you take over that job, Daddy", Steph asked. "It'd be a great role for you and you do love to fire people."

"I don't necessarily love it", Vince said. "But sometimes, it has to be done!"

"Think about it", Steph said. "The WWE already dominates USA Network and SyFy. Why not have a strong WWE presence on Sunday night too at NBC? It's a natural role for you. You're a billionaire. You're well known and have a great television presence. And you love to fire people."

"I don't love to fire... okay, I do love to line people up, get right into their face and scream at them those magic words", Vince said.

"Do it for me, Daddy", Steph said, clapping her hands in excitement.

Vince smiled for a moment and then got that deranged look in his eyes, the mixture of comtempt and disgust... and bellowed out...

"You're FIRED!"

"I love it when you do that", Steph smiled.

"I do too, Steph", Vince admitted. "I do too!"

"So what do you think about my idea", Steph asked.

"I'm not sure", Vince admitted. "I'm so busy with the WWE and your Mom is considering another run for the U.S. Senate seat. There is so much to consider. Plus, we don't even know for sure if Donald is going to run for President and give up the show or not."

"Call him and just suggest it", Steph said. "If Donald does give up the show, you can take over and it'll stay successful and you'll both make money. He always likes to make money and you're the only one who could possibly follow in his footsteps on that show."

"I'll call him tonight, but no promises", Vince said.

"Good", Steph smiled. "Now I'd better get down there and rescue Kane from the girls before they decide to blow him up."

"All right, Princess", Vince said. "I'll call you later tonight after I talk to Donald."

"Bye Daddy", Steph said and with a quick kiss to her father's cheek, Stephanie McMahon left the room.

"Me hosting Celebrity Apprentice?", Vince laughed. "That would be a hoot!"

Vince reached over and hit the buzzer for his secretary.

"Janice, please get me a list of the rosters for both shows. I feel like firing someone today!"

Vince clicked off the intercom system.

"Yeah, me on the Celebrity Apprentice, taking over Donald's job. I could see that!"

And Vince gave an evil, sinister smile.

(The End... Maybe?)

No comments:

Post a Comment