Monday, June 13, 2011

Real Life Story From Convenient Store Hell - Part II: Public Love

(This is a repost from February 7, 2006)

Last night at work - pure craziness. I've often wondered why I keep working such a dangerous job as 3rd shift cashier in a convenient store when I could easily go work at Wal-Mart or a grocery store and be in a safer, more controlled environment. Now I understand why. Because only on the late shift in a c-store can you see anything and everything. I thought I'd seen it all. Well last night topped it.

Thursday night isn't very busy. The first hour is pretty much insane and after about 12:30 - it's steady but nothing major. Well last night, while I was doing my thing, ringing up customers and making small talk and all that - saw a lot of familiar faces, but that's for later....lol. A couple of guys came in - two white guys, probably in their late teens or early 20's. I've seen them in the store before and didn't think too much of it. They bought a couple of drinks and a pack of smokes and went to sit down in the booths.

Here's how the store is layed out. You walk in the front doors and you have the booths on the right. Then the register area and counter. The store expands out to the left. If you go to the booths, you can go around to a little cubbyhole behind the register area. This is where we store excess 12 packs of drinks, empty totes, etc. It's pretty much the only blind spot in the entire store where a person can be totally hidden aside from the bathrooms and stockroom. This is important.

The guys move to the booths to sit. I'm ringing up customers and doing my work and not paying them much attention. I had a crowd lined up back towards the coolers (midnight rush) so I'm working on getting them out and making sure that no one tries to run out with a 12 pack of beer or something.

I finally get the crowd out and look over to the booths and no one is there. No problem. They may have snuck out while I was busy. But the drinks and cigs are still there. I walk around to the booths to clear off the tables and happen to glance around in the cubby-hole area. One of the guys is standing there with his back to the booths/me. His friend is on his knees in front of him, knelt down - giving him some oral loving.
Yep! In my damn store. While we're open. And customers are drifting in and out.

I kind of loudly said, "what the f***?".. and the guy on his knees jumped up, embarrassed. The one who was receiving kind of jolted back to reality and was trying to tuck himself back in.. and having a great deal of problems doing so. He just started apologizing and his friend was apologizing and it was just a totally messed up and awkward situation.

I just kind of shook my head and told them that they needed to go somewhere else for that shit. They just kind of shuffled out, grabbing their cigs and drinks on the way out and quickly left. I just started laughing and shaking my head as I headed back up to the front to wait on some customers. I've caught people having sex in the restroom before... and having sex in the parking lot or behind the store before, but NEVER in the store itself... just a few feet out of sight of the customers. Man, they were ready and desperate.

And I have to admit, it was kind of sexy too. They are two great looking guys - real polite and nice .. and very straight acting. I would never have suspected anything with those two. I doubt I'll be seeing either of those two in the store again. Man, they have to be embarrassed. Hell, I'm embarrassed for them. I'm just glad it was me working and not Brenda or Angel or else they'd be in jail right now.

Man, I love 3rd shift sometimes. It's killing me, but it's times like these that I wouldn't trade for anything.

And to follow up that story a bit. I was off the weekend, so I don't know if either guy came back to the store on Saturday or Sunday or not. But I worked 2nd shift last night - and guess who came in? One of the guys - the one who was being pleasured by his friend. I just smiled as he came to the register. He hadn't noticed that I was the one working when he came in the store - I'm usually not there quite that early.

Talk about turning red quickly. He was so embarrassed again. He started apologizing again and making excuses about "being drunk". I just laughed and told him not to worry about it. I'll never tell anyone. (Oops!) He seemed relieved, although still very red in the face. He paid for his stuff and was leaving. I shouted at him to tell his friend, "What's up!" for me. He just looked back and smiled, turning red-faced again as he hurried out the door. Yeah - I was being an assclown, but I've got to have fun with it while I can, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment