Monday, September 26, 2011

(Retro) Here We Go - February 28, 2009

So Here We Go... February 28, 2009

In a period of less than 24 hours
I went from the highest peaks of happiness
to having my heart and soul ripped out
and deep into the lowest valley of pain and hurt

I don't know what to do
what can I do?
We came together after so many obstacles
finally getting past all the hurdles
to find that happy medium
where we can both exist
there for each other, but also remaining true to ourselves

and then they show up
with nary a word to say
they take him awake
for the most vile and damndest of reasons

it is true?
do I even care?

I don't think it's true
I can't believe it's true
but am I one-hundred percent certain?
Unfortunately, I can't be that either

So I ask myself, "does it really matter?"
to a certain degree, I guess it does
but in the big picture of things
no, not really

I guess that's why they call it love
I know what's been said
and what WILL BE said
and I don't really care

All I know is that I love this guy
in ways that I've cared for few others in my life
he's broken past all the walls and barriers
and owns my heart

I'm sticking by him
until this is over
it's going to be a long
and sad
and trecherous ride
but he helped me time and time again,
often without even realizing it
so can I really do any less for him

I have to do what I have to do
and damn the consequences
I may end up losing everything
but I'll take that chance

and yeah, it's going to be bad
it's going to be rough
but I experienced hell yesterday when he was taken from me
led away by three men
and bound in handcuffs
just asking, "Why?"

I've tasted the fires and brimstone of hell
and the only thing worse would be losing him forever
everything we endure
everything we have from now on
it's just minor b.s. on the road back to salvation

I feel as if I let you down Chris
and I'll be damned if I'm going to do it again
so like it or not
as I'm oft fond of saying,
"you're stuck with me, dude!"
and if we get through this

WHEN we get through this
I'll be damned if I'm ever going to let you out of my sight again.
I know you're frightened and hurt and uncertain right now
and on the verge of desperation
but you're not alone
no matter what the future holds
you're not alone
not now
not ever

'Nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment