Saturday, September 24, 2011

Survey Of The Night 9/24/11

Would you rather be blind or deaf?

That's a hard choice - I think I would be able to adapt easier to being deaf since reading and writing are the things that keep me sane and blindness would take those away from me. But I love music too. I wouldn't like either fate, but in the long run, I think if I had to choose, it would be deafness.

Do you look like anyone famous?

Not really, but when I was younger, in good shape with wild hair, I did get some Lou Ferigno comments - not sure if it was a compliment though. Hmmm!

If you had super powers what would you do with them?

I would look out for my friends and family first, but would also use them for my own personal benefits. I'm not a total angel, no matter what some might assume. But my main focus would be to use my powers (whatever they may be) to help others as best I can.

Have you ever read the whole bible before?

Nope. I've read most of it but there are still parts that I have missed or just haven't gotten around to yet.

Do you have any catch phrases?

Two mainly - one is a phrase I use to end my columns that I "borrowed" from the legendary Baron Von Raschke - "Dat is all de people need to know!". And the other is a term that is African in origin - "Ubuntu" - it means "we are one because you complete me" - that's not the literal translation, but that's the way it was told to me and I like it.

If you were a cartoon character who would you be?

Marvin Martian - because he's awesome and also because everyone is making me very angry... lol.

What would you do if you ruled the world?

I would be a kind and benevolent ruler - I would do my best to look after my subjects and delegate authority to handle most issues. It would be a time of peace, love and good living for all.

What type of people do you hate the most?

Liars, fakes and midgets. Actually, just about all people (with a very select few exceptions) might fall into this category. I'm not necessarily a people person most of the time.

What would you do if a loved one died?

What can you do? You deal with it, accept it, mourn and move on.
What would your last words to a loved one be?

Just tell 'em I love 'em - what more needs to be said?

What would you do if an enemy died?

While there are a few people who I don't particularly care for, I don't want anyone to die and would mourn their passing for even if I don't care for them, someone does and their death would cause someone pain. That's never a good thing.

What would your last words to an enemy be?

Just try to make the mood as light as possible and try to give them peace as they die. I'd want to do that for anyone if I could.

If any of your enemies wanted to make peace with you would you?

Of course - holding a grudge and hurt just keeps the hurt strong and alive and I'd like to be able to put any pains or bad feelings behind me and move on. But it would depend upon the conditions involved in making peace - I'm easy going and accepting of most things, but there are a few people who would have to make major concessions and right the wrongs they've brought to people I love before I could ever really forgive them.

Who has hurt you the most?

I'm not naming names - there is no point.

How did they hurt you the most?

Again, I'd rather not specify. This is not the place and there is no reason.

Would you ever want to switch places with this person?

No!

What is true love?

True love, to me is when you find someone that you trust, respect and can not imagine NOT having in your life - without him, you feel empty and lost. It's what I've found with my friend, Cal - he completes me and makes me whole.

What was the biggest lie that you have ever told?

I've never been big on telling lies - they're too hard to keep up with and if you tell one, normally, you'll have to tell more to keep the lie going. But I, like most people, have told a couple. I think the biggest was telling Danny "I love you" when all I wanted was to get laid. I love Cal, but couldn't be with him - Danny was convenient.

What was the biggest lie ever told to you?

Probably when Danny told me he loved me back - he was just using me for a ride and a convenient sex partner. We were just both using the hell out of each other.

Do you regret meeting any of the people that you have met?

Nope - each person, good or bad, was a unique learning experience - I learned and grew with each and every meeting. No regrets.

Would you ever want to go back in time?

Yeppers - I can think of a few situations that I'd like to do over if I had the chance.

Would you bring a loved one back to life if you could?

Part of me wants to say yes - I would love to have my brother, Jeff back - and there are several friends, Wakana, Alex, Howard, Danny G., Betty, my Dad, my stepdad Ray, etc - so many people I'd love to be able to see again and talk to again... that I miss greatly. But that would upset the natural order of things and probably cause more bad than good. Much as I'd love to see these people again, there are some things that are just too much to wish for.

Are you a good person?

I have my quirks and flaws, but I think overall, I'm generally a pretty decent guy.

What do you think about racism?

It's something we're all guilty of to a point - but it's wrong and a very bad thing. I'd like to think I'm getting better and getting past that - my problems with people are not the colors of their skins - it's the way they act and behave. That's not racism - that's just common sense.

What do you think about gays?

Gays are people too. I have nothing against gay people. Hell, I am one. And all we want is the same thing that everyone else wants - a good life, a chance to be part of our community and someone to love. And it doesn't matter if it's opposite sex or same sex - love is love. And we're all people - together and equal. At least that's how it should be.

What do you think about abortion?

It's not a topic that I can truly have an opinion on. It's sad and tragic that babies are aborted and I don't think, if I was a woman, it's a choice I would make. But I can not condemn others for making that decision - I'm not them and I don't know their situation or what's going on in their lives. If they feel it's the best decision, I can't say it's not. It's the mother's choice, along with the father of the baby. Not mine.

Who made you feel like the best person in the world?

Everytime I talk to Cal, he makes me feel great about myself. And when I talk to some of my other friends, like Theresa, Reesy, Chris and so many others, they know just what to say to make me quit feeling like crap and be more positive. I've got some amazing and fantastic friends.

Who made you feel like the worst person in the world?

Talking to Danny, before he got locked up, always had that effect.He could bring me down so easily - he knew exactly what buttons to push and what to say to make me hit rock bottom and thus be more open to listening to his lies and his crap.

Do you believe in karma?

Sure do and she's a bitch - as some people will one day find out..

No comments:

Post a Comment