Sunday, March 18, 2012

TNA Victory Road Predictions - March 18, 2012

TNA Victory Road 2012 PPV Thoughts & Predictions
March 18, 2012


Well, later tonight is the latest pay per view effort - it's TNA Victory Road. And of course, that means predictions. So it's time to put on the "Sister Cleo" outfit and peer into the crystal ball and see if I can predict the future and what all is going to be going on at the Impact Zone later tonight. I seriously doubt that anyone will actually buy the PPV (Wrestlemania in two weeks - where do YOU think all the ppv money will be going), but it looks like a good show on paper. Let's see if it stands up to scrutiny. Let's do this..

Robbie E. Defends TNA TV Championship in Open Challenge Match...

So I expect one of two things to happen here. Either we'll get the return of a wrestler that hasn't been on television (or maybe not even with TNA) for a while. Brian Kendricks, Shark Boy, Petey Williams, Matt Hardy, Alex Shelley all come to mind. And that would be cool. OR we'll get someone in this spot who doesn't really belong in title contention and is only getting a big push because of who his family is (Garrett Bischoff). I'm hoping for the first option, but I'm scared it will be the latter. So I'll go with Garrett coming out and challenging for the TNA TV Championship. And even though he's not ready for it and it should never happen, I think that maybe we'll see Eric and Gunner come out to "cost Garrett" his chance, only to have it backfire and Garrett steals the win and the title.

Winner and NEW TNA TV Champion: Garrett Bischoff

AJ Styles & Mr. Anderson versus Christopher Daniels & Kazarian

What the hell does Mr. Anderson have to do with AJ, Daniels and Kazarian. I'm looking at this match and the old song from Sesame Street about "one of these things is not like the others" keeps playing in my head. It should be a good match even though honestly, I'm still not sure why Kazarian is part of Team Fallen Angel. If they ever explained it, I missed that week. This is just a filler match to give three talented stars (and an asshole) something to do while TNA struggles to find a place for them in the world of Hogans and Angles and Hardys (oh my). Anderson is making the big comeback here (I didn't even know or care that he was gone) so he's not going to lose his first match back.

Winners: AJ Styles and Mr. Anderson

X-Division Championship
Austin Aries (c) versus Zema Ion

Congratulations to Austin Aries for now being the longest reigning X-Division Champion in TNA History. But is it time for a title change? Ion has been on fire and looking really good for the past few months (of course, he looks good anyhow - he's a sexy beast) and as I said in the "Fact Or Fiction" column posted earlier today, I think TNA really needs to capitalize and build on the Jesse Sorenson injury and push Ion as a cocky young ass who will do anything to get the job done, including injure his opponent. But he's up against another heel who will do anything. So which way should TNA go? I'd have Aries take a helluva beating as Ion pulls out all the stops to attempt to get the win, but have Aries capitalize on a mistake at the end to win the match and keep the title, making the experience edge the deciding factor for this match. Ion is going to be big one day, but not just yet. It's another great night for Aries as he retains the gold.

Winner and STILL X-Division Champion: Austin Aries

Knockouts Championship
Gail Kim (c) versus Madison Rayne

I thought these two ladies (and I use that term loosely) were friends and allies. What happened? What did I miss? Gail has pretty much run over the entire Knockouts Divsion since she came back to TNA and I don't see that ending any time soon. Madison has great ass-etts, but she won't be winning the TNA Knockouts Championship anytime soon. At least not tonight.

Winner and STILL TNA Knockouts Champion: Gail Kim

World Tag Team Championship
Samoa Joe & Magnus (c) versus Crimson & Matt Morgan

Aside from the Aries / Ion match, this is the match I most want to see on the entire show. Not because I think it's going to be all that great of a match, but I just like watching most of the guys involved. The writing is on the wall and we all know that Crimson and Morgan will be rehashing their former feud soon enough. So there won't be a title switch anytime soon. And that's great. Joe and Magnus are a brutal and good team and make good tag team champs. Crimson and Morgan belong in the WWE though and are like fish out of water in TNA (that's my opinion anyhow). A brutal match and a miscue by Morgan / Crimson leads to Samoa Joe killing one of his bitches dead! 'Nuff said!

Winners and STILL TNA World Tag Team Champions: Samoa Joe & Magnus

Kurt Angle versus Jeff Hardy

Been there and done that many times back in the WWE and I wasn't impressed then and I'm not impressed now. A loss won't hurt either of them so I'll just go with Kurt getting the win. It gives this feud legs and makes it last longer so I can ignore it for even longer.

Winner: Kurt Angle

Bully Ray versus James Storm

All logic says that James Storm should win since he's headed towards a match with Bobby Roode at the next TNA pay per view and it really wouldn't make much sense to have Storm drop a match right now. But I've got a feeling that Bully Ray is ready to make a large impact and challenge Roode for the title himself in the near future. It's just something my spider-sense keeps telling me. And plus, I think I remember reading somewhere that Storm was either needing or was scheduled for surgery for an injury in the near future. Maybe I'm just dreaming that I read that, but I don't know. I just think it's going to be Bully Ray's time to shine tonight. And he'll do it by taking out the "Cowboy" and taking home a win.

Winner: Bully Ray

Non-Title, No Holds Barred
TNA World Champion Bobby Roode versus Sting

Why is the World Champion wrestling in a non-title match? It just doesn't make sense. And neither does this match in my opinion. Sting is an "authority figure" now and needs to act as one, which does NOT include wrestling the World Champion to headline a pay per view. Sting might get some shots in here and there, but if the current World Champion can not defeat a part-time wrestler who's old as dirt, then Roode doesn't need to be the World Champion. This match shouldn't be happening, but since it is, Roode will beat Sting... badly!

Winner: Bobby Roode

So there you go. TNA has so much talent on their roster and I have no doubt that this pay per view will have some good wrestling and great action. But the sad thing is that no one will be watching and no one will really care. It's just filler for TNA because everyone is looking ahead to Wrestlemania XXVIII. And really truly, that is a very sad thing.

I'll catch you on the flip side.

Ubuntu!

No comments:

Post a Comment