Monday, February 28, 2011

The Gathering (Part 4): Epilogue

Later that night, after the arena had cleared out, Jim Cornette was packing his stuff and preparing to leave. Vince McMahon walked into the room.

"Hello Jim", Vince smiled.

"Vince", Cornette acknowledged him.

"That was a great show tonight. I wasn't sure exactly what to expect, but you did a fantastic job of putting together a show that hit all the right spots and paid homage to WCW. I'm expecting the ratings to be excellent."

"I don't give a damn about your ratings", Cornette said as he looked up. "I just wanted to put together a good show for my friends and to maybe help WCW go out on a high note rather than the pile of crap it was at the end."

"I think you did that", Vince admitted. "And those were some interesting surprises. Where the hell did you find Savage?"

"I called him up", Cornette said. "And he was happy to show up."

"I should have been informed about that", Vince noted.

"When I agreed to book this show, I was told I'd have 100% total control, right?", Cornette snapped.

"Yes, but...", Vince started to say, but Cornette cut him off.

"No buts, Vince", Cornette said. "I promised we wouldn't trash you or the WWE and we didn't."

"My lawyer, Jerry, is having a fit over that stunt you pulled with Flair calling in", Vince said, changing the subject.

"We found a loophole", Cornette said. "Jerry can handle it. You just wish you had thought of it."

"Well yeah, it was kind of clever", Vince admitted. "If I had known in advance, I wouldn't have allowed it."

"That's why you didn't know", Cornette said. "About the phone call, about Savage or about Ole."

"Or about all the blood that was spilled in the tag match with Mick and Funk", Vince said. "We're a PG product now."

"WCW wasn't PG and I wanted to keep it as close to WCW, without totally sucking ass, as possible."

"I don't like being kept in the dark", Vince replied.

"And I don't like working with you because you're a two-faced, lying, hypocritical asshole", Cornette shot back.

Vince smiled.

"Anyways, it was a great show and you did an excellent job", he said.

"It was fun", Cornette admitted.

"So should we start making plans for another WCW special in say... how about six months?", Vince said.

"You can do whatever the hell you want", Cornette said. "I did my part and I'm through."

"At least think about it", Vince said. "If this did the ratings I think it did, we could make a whole lot of money on a revived version of WCW."

"I saw what you did with ECW", Cornette answered. "And leave it alone."

"But the money...", Vince started to say, but again, Cornette cut him off.

"Give these people some dignity, Vince. The money doesn't matter. We just gave WCW a proper ending, even though it's ten years too late to do any real good. Leave it the hell alone."

"Just think about it, Jim", Vince said.

"Just kiss my ass, Vince", Cornette said as he picked up his bag and walked towards the exit.

"I'll call you in six months", Vince said.

"Go to hell", Cornette said as he closed the door behind him and vanished.

"Yeah, he's in", Vince thought to himself and smiled. "Yeah, he's in!"

THE END!

No comments:

Post a Comment