Thursday, December 22, 2011

Another Christmas Survey - December 22, 2011

Another Christmas Survey...

What's your favorite ornament hanging on your tree?
We didn't put up a tree this year. I thought about it, but with just two of us living here and no kids, it just didn't seem worth the effort. I'm kind of regretting that decision now. As for this question, we've got some homemade ornaments that I made back in kindergarten, over forty years ago - that are cute and really nostalgic in my eyes and I love to dig them out and hang them on the tree and embrace the memories of a better and much simplier time.

What's better: Sledding or Snow Angels?
Snow Angels - less chance of breaking a limb that way..

Do you put marshmellows in your hot chocolate?
Absolutely - it's just not right without them.

Tell me a funny sledding story.
Well, there were these guys, you see. And they were on this hill that was covered with snow. And they had a sled. And they went to the top of the hill and sled down.... and... and.... I've got nothing.

Do you still get pictures with Santa?
Of course - I have this thing for hairy old men with white beards. You should see the pic of Santa wearing leather. HOT!

What's your favorite holiday food?
I love me some turkey (any time of year). Sausage balls are yummy too!

What do you want for Christmas this year?
A job would be nice and I can think of a few other things that would also be fun to have, but really, truthfully, all I want for Christmas is for the person I love to have his hard times end and be behind him. I just want Cal to be home where he belongs with us, his family.

Did you go shopping on Black Friday?
Hell to the no - them people are crazy as heck out there. It's too dangerous!

Are you on the naughty or nice list?
Either way, I'm damn good at it. I should be on the "nice" list this year.

Give one reason why you think you're on the list you chose.
Because I'm actually a pretty nice guy, I care about people and like to help them out and I've been on good behavior for most of the year, despite temptation to do otherwise. I'm practically ready for sainthood here.

Do you have fake trees or real trees?
I prefer real trees, but we do have a couple of fakes in the attic in boxes. Cleaner and easier to maintain.

Are you good at guessing what's inside the presents?
Yeppers, because usually I'm the one that did the wrapping... lol

How early do you get up on Christmas morning?
Just whenever my normal time happens to be. It's not as fun or special as it used to be. That's one of the bad things about getting older.

Do you have a system for opening presents at your house?
Jump in, grab the presents with my name on them, fight off the others with a big stick and go crazy!!

How many days before Christmas do presents start appearing under your tree?
Usually it was within a week or so, but these days, we're not really doing the tree thing that often.

What's your favorite Christmas decoration?
We have two little elf figurines - one red and one yellow, that we've had since before I was born that we put out around Christmas time. They're way cool!

Do you like icicle lights?
I think they're pretty neat.

Are you good at making Gingerbread houses?
Nope, but give me some Lincoln Logs or Legos and I can build anything.

Does it snow where you live? If not, do you wish it did?
Every once in a while, we'll get some snow. I love to see it come down, but hate to see it stick around.

Do you use advent calendars to count down the days til Christmas?
Nah!

What event lets you know that Christmas is coming up?
People start pretending to act nicer, decorations start to appear, and I see tiny reindeer with bright red noses and Diva attitudes on my TV screen.

What's your favorite holiday drink from Starbucks?
I don't do starbucks, but my favorite holiday (and everyday) drink is Pepsi... always!

Do you like red or green better?
I prefer the green.

Do you eat candy canes?
Yeah, sometimes... I prefer the little starlight mints though.. Candy canes going in and out of a mouth give me dirty thoughts.

Have you ever made it on the news because your house is so decorated?
Nope.

How many Christmas songs do you know by heart?
Many, many many of them... want me to sing them for you?

How good are you at wrapping presents?
Very good actually - I worked one year down at the Jones store during Christmas time - I wrapped presents for people and also played Santa for a day. That was a hoot!

What type of wrapping paper is your favorite?
The bright, shiney stuff!

Does your school do a food drive?
I'm no longer in school, BUT if any school would like to do a Food Drive, the place I volunteer at (Hope In Christ Ministeries) could always use the extra help. Contact me and maybe we can set something up.

Have you ever been to Rockefeller Center to see the tree?
Nope!

What about Disney World?
Nope!

Any cool family traditions?
None that I can think of - I'm sure that there must be, but I'm not really a family-person much anyhow. I prefer my "other family" consisting of a few very special friends.

How many people do you buy presents for?
Two - my Mom and myself. Everyone else gets cards and hugs. And if Cal ever comes home, I'll blow up my Penney's card and make it up for him and buy him anything he wants cause he's so awesome..

Have you ever told a little kid Santa isn't real?
What do you mean he isn't real?? He's real to me, damn it!

Do you have any cute holiday outfits?
I do - and I look adorable.

Does your family get a picture taken and send it out in Christmas cards?
No - we don't want to make everyone jealous of our charming and sexy-beast selves... lol. (j/k - although I truly am pretty fly for a white guy)

What type of tree topper do you have?
Some white angels made of plastic and silk from about fifty-plus years ago... They're awesome!

On a scale of 1-10, how decorated is your house?
A zero or one this year - just haven't been feeling it. Sorry!

Would anyone ever call you a grinch?
They may, but it's not true. I love Christmas. I'm just too damn broke to do as I'd like.

Do you and your friends do "Secret Santas?"
Nope!

Do you think Snowflake-Shaped Ritz Crackers taste better than regular ones?
They taste the same to me - just add some peanut butter and munch!!!

Do you go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve?
Nope - I say a prayer and go to bed. I'm not big on organized religion, but I am thinking about going to a special Sunday service this year.

What Christmas movie do you watch EVERY YEAR at Christmas Time?
"The Grinch Who Stole Christmas", "A Christmas Story" and "RENT!"... I know that "Rent" isn't necessarily a Christmas story, but part of it take place in December and Angel wears a Santa hat - so it counts for me.

Would you rather get one big gift or a lot of little gifts?
Doesn't matter - I'm not much into the materialistic stuff. Just so long as everyone is happy and doing okay, they can keep the gifts.

Whats the first thing you do after all your presents are opened?
Go take a nap.

Whats more fun: the days leading up to Christmas, or Christmas itself?
Generally, the days leading up to Christmas..

Do you do any community service stuff around Christmas time?
I do the volunteer stuff for Hope In Christ Ministeries and our food bank 4 days week - 52 weeks a year. Why wait for Christmas when there are people needing help all year round??

Are you excited for Christmas this year?
I'm starting to feel it, but so far, more excited to get it over with so things can get back to normal around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment