Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Survey - December 11, 2011

Christmas Survey

Basics

Do you believe in Santa Claus: I don't think there's a person in a little red suit traveling around the world in twenty-four hours and delivering toys to kids - that's kind of silly. BUT I do believe in the idea of Santa Claus as a concept where people act just a little nicer, help each other out, are just a little more considerate and sane, etc. There has to be a reason for this every year and blaming "Santa Claus" is as good a reason as anything.

Do you put up a christmas tree: I haven't put one up in a couple of years, but I'm considering it for this year. Haven't decided for sure yet.

Do you decorate the outside of your house: Not really... maybe a wreath, but that's about it.

Do you decorate the inside of your house: Not really...

White lights or Colored: I prefer the white lights myself...

When do you usually start listening to Christmas music: I listen to it all year round - I like the music so when the mood hits, I crank it up.

Do you peek at presents: Nah, I can wait (usually).

Do you make gingerbread houses: I've never tried, but that sounds as if it could be fun.

When do you start your shopping: I shop all year round and if I see something that reminds me of a person and I have the money, I'll go ahead and it get it and put it away until the appropiate time.

Do you like snow: I love to watch it come down - love to go walking in it - hate to drive in it though..

Do you like to build snowman or have snowball fights: Absolutely!

When do you get up on christmas: Whenever I feel like getting up - it's not as easy to get excited as it was when I was little.

What do you do first eat or open gifts: Eat and whatever else I need to do first - the gifts can wait until everyone has gathered together.

Are you in the Christmas spirit yet: Not really. I'm trying and can slightly feel the magic and energy in the air, but it hasn't taken control yet.

Whats Christmas eve like for you: Generally, it's just another night. There's no one else here at the house, but myself and the mother-figure and with all adults, it just doesn't have that same special magic as it would if we had kids around. I want some young-'uns..

What about the day before that: Just another day - no big deal.

Are you anticipating christmas: Sort of, but I can generally take it or leave it.

What is your favorite Christmas memory: Back in 1987 (I think) - lived at Briarwood Apartments w/ a roomie named Jack - had this great live tree decorated in fake snow & natural light cans. Just a beautiful tree and it looked great. One of the best times (and roomies) of my life.

What is the best gift you ever gave: Myself - all wrapped in bows and ribbons - to a person that I thought was very special. He turned out to be an ass-clown, but it was still a great gift that he seemed to have a great time with and lots of fun that night. (Also gave him a bottle of Crown Royal... lol)

What is the best gift you ever received: I've never really cared too much about material gifts. The best things for me have always been about seeing friends and spending time with them.

Who do you usually spend Christmas with: I'll speak on the phone to a couple of my bestest friends (Brian, Kenneth), talk to my family members and see what they want to do, and if things end up like they have the past few years, I'll be here alone.

Is Christmas usually celebrated at your house or someone elses: The past few years, it's been primarily someone else's house - that needs to change.

Do you get everyone in your family a present: If I can afford to, I will - but since times are rough and money is extremely tight, I'll get my Mom a present - everyone else gets cards.

What is your favorite Christmas tradtion: Getting drunk with my friends and just chillaxin' to the christmas songs and spirit.

Do you like eggnog: Nope - I prefer my Wild Turkey straight.

Do you have any shirts or sweaters with a Christmas design on it: Do I look gay to you? Wait a second... I am gay. Never mind. But the answer is no.

What is your favorite Christmas album: A childrens' album that someone got me when I was four - christmas carols sung by children, featuring "The Little Drummer Boy". It's great music and brings back a lot of childhood memories.

Do you open your presents Christmas morning or Christmas Eve: Christmas morning.

Do you go to Church on Christmas Eve: No, but maybe I should do that this year. It would be cool!.

Do you get a real or a fake tree: I prefer the real trees.

Who decorates the tree: If I get one, I do the decorating.

Finish the Christmas Carol

We wish you A merry : trip to Jolly Old England..

Deck the : guy with the attitude.

Jingle Bells Jingle bells: Batman smells, Robin laid an egg, the Batmobile lost a wheel and the Joker got away..

A beautiful sight we're happy tonight: Pass me another beer.

Come on it's lovely weather for a: toga party

Frosty the : Crackhead

Have yourself: a sausage ball. We've got plenty of them.

Jingle bell Jingle bell Jingle bell: Will somebody answer the damn door?

No comments:

Post a Comment