Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Year In Review Survey: December 27, 2011

A Year In Review Survey...

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?
I'm trying to think if I've done anything new this past year? Continued with the volunteer work and writing the columns, but that's old stuff. How about created my own blog-site and have actually kept updating it. I've had blog sites before, but usually lost interest after a few weeks, but this one has been going since January with over 400 posts and over 10,000 views so that's pretty damn good. And also, I've been writing a regular wrestling column (for five weeks so far) with someone else called "Wrestling Fact or Fiction" - I'm still doing my solo stuff, but working with someone else is a new challenge and kind of fun.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions?
Well, I lost weight for a while (and gained most of it back), I stepped up my writing career so that's a positive and I finally got rid of Danny from my life. So as Meatloaf used to say, "two out of three ain't bad"..

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yeppers - my favorite nigga & his GF, Kenneth and Tamara had a beautiful and totally awesome bady boy, Kayden, on October 1rst.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yeah... my "other Ma", Lenora Manship passed away a couple of weeks ago. And Sadie, a very sweet woman and friend of my sister, passed away earlier this year as well.

5. What countries did you visit?
No other countries - I stayed right here in North Carolina - I didn't even leave the state.

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Well, to start off with, a job. That would be great. And maybe have Cal here, home where he belongs, at my side. Just those two things would be all I need.

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I'm not sure - I'm not good with dates at all. I remember events more than anything else. Half the time, I can't even tell you what day of the week it is.

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Probably the success of the blog-site and keeping my relationship with Cal going despite all the B.S. we've endured.

9. What was your biggest failure?
I lost my license again so no driving for me. I didn't break any laws or doing anything wrong, but apparently, I violated the terms of getting my license back somehow and when I had a hearing to attempt to defend myself, I was never allowed that option. The man had already made a decision, I was given no chance or option to question or argue my case and was absolutely railroaded. Forget fairness and justice when dealing with the NCDMV. It just doesn't exist.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Did a stint in the hospital with the diabetes and an abscess. Been up and down healthwise all year.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Bought myself a new stereo for Christmas, but aside from that, nothing really stands out.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend Matt - who was having problems with his "demons", but has done a total 360 turn in his life over the past year. I'm very proud of him and that he's been able to show everyone else the side of him they hadn't had much chance to see before and what a great guy he is. And Michael - he's apparently managed to conquer his demons and get on the right track and I'm glad it's finally happened.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Two people come to mind - Danny, who let the drugs and his own issues take control and he not only drove away someone who cared a great deal for him (me) but also finally ended up in jail. And Michael - who I mentioned in the last question, because while I'm glad he's given up his vices and is doing well, he pushed away and just cut off everyone in his life without a word or warning. We've been friends for years and more like family - but apparently our friendship meant more to me than him. And that makes me very sad.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Just the day to day paying of bills and buying groceries and occasionally helping out a couple of people who I care for a great deal- nothing fancy or extravagant in my world.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
A couple of live ACW shows here in Laurinburg that were really good and fun, everytime I speak to and talk to Cal who I love more than life itself and when Kenneth and Tamara had Kayden join their family.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
"Need You Now" by Lady Antabellum and "Bartenders Song" by Rehab...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Sadder
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Poorer

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spoken up for myself, listened to my instincts, writing and getting laid.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Procrastinating, doubting myself and wasting time with Danny.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Alone and here at the house.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I fell in love back in 2008 and it's still holding strong.

22. How many one-night stands?
There were a couple - had to do something to keep the skill level up and at peak condition..

23. What was your favorite TV program?
WWE RAW, Red Eye, The Five and NCIS..

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, I still intensely dislike the same person now that I intensely disliked last year.

25. What was the best book you read?
The Bible... 'Nuff said!

26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Jason Aldean - heard the song "Dirt Road Anthem" and liked it so decided to check out more music by this guy - he's good! And James Durbin from this past year's "American Idol" - the boy has skills.

27. What did you want and get?
What I want most of all still continues to elude me.

28. What did you want and not get?
A few hours of intimate contact with an old acquaintance, a job and Cal back here home where he belongs.

.29. What was your favorite film of this year?
"X-Men: First Class" and the last Twilight movie.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Just hung out around the house and moped around, being a grouchy ass... lol

31.What was one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having Cal here, home, where he belongs..

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I dress for comfort - simple w/ jeans and a button-up shirt - nothing fancy at all.

33. What kept you sane?
Who said that I was sane? Actually, it would be Cal - he's the only reason I hold on and keep fighting. He's my soul-mate and my rock.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Rob Kardashian - watched him on Dancing With The Stars and that boy has a great ass!!

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Was glad to see "DADT" finally come to an end and am now extremely interested in the repeal of DOMA and legalizing same-sex marriage. (Would love to be able to get married). Actually, I love politics and try to keep an eye on all the big issues. And we need to get rid of Obama - it's essential to our country's survival.

36. Who did you miss?
I miss Cal - I wish he was here with me where he belongs.

37. Who was the best new person you met?
Kayden McDonald - the new son of Kenneth and Tamara who came into this world on October 1, 2011. That's an amazing and very personable little man. And his parents are pretty awesome too.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Don't trust anyone!

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Caught up in circles, confusion is nothing new" - "Time After Time" - Cyndi Lauper

No comments:

Post a Comment