Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Monday Night Ramblings - December 13, 2011

Watching WWE Monday Night RAW. It's the Slammy Awards! Yay! But I have to admit that this three hour spectacular is running about an hour or so too long and starting to drag. I'm ready for it to be over. It's been great seeing such older faces as The Road Dogg, Lita, Goldust, Tony Atlas and Ted DiBiase. BUT the show is still dragging. Three hours is rough to handle. That's what killed Nitro back in the WCW days and that is what is killing RAW for me. Three hours of RAW tonight, the two hour "Tribute To The Troops" special tomorrow night, Impact Wrestling on Thursday night and Smackdown on Friday. I'm a fan and about as die-hard as they get these days, but nine hours of action plus a three hour PPV on Sunday too. That's quite a bit to digest, even for me.

I am so ready for my guys at ACW (American Championship Wrestling) to come back here to Laurinburg, NC and do a show at the Armory. As good as the WWE and TNA are (wait, did I just say that TNA is good? Ooops! My bad!) Let's try this again.

As good as WWE is and as good as the TNA wrestlers are (despite the bad booking, idiotic storylines and overwhelming amount of Hulkamania and Anglemania on each and every show), nothing (and I mean NOTHING) beats a live show with such superstars as Ethan Storm, Chris Steele and Scott Powers aka The Main Attraction and my broski's Brad & Derk, aka BD Productions. The only thing that ACW is lacking is a big money backer and some TV time (and me helping with the booking). But I assure and promise you that if ACW ever got some semi-decent TV time and an opportunity in prime time, people would be going Monday Night Who? TNA what? Forget those fly-by-night sports entertainment programs. It's ACW and American Championship Wrestling that we want to see. Remember that WCW used to have the slogan "We Wrestle?". Well, they're not here anymore and a there is a new heir to the throne. And it's called ACW!!

That is quite a bit about ACW there. And the best part about it is that it's all true. It's damn true. All they need is some TV time (and the right person to help with the booking to make weekly compelling TV - that's me, by the way) and there is no limit as to what that company could do.

I'm tired of talking about wrestling and that's kind of bad considering that I have a column to write later on tonight. But I'll get it done in a little while and it will be good. It's called "Tossing Salt Presents: Wrestling Fact or Fiction" and will be weekly with myself and the man, the myth, the legend, Russell Jackson. Don't worry if you don't know this man's name yet. You will. And the world of "Internet Wrestling Journalism" will never, ever be the same again!

I want to talk a moment about something that happened a few days ago to me. Well, yesterday morning actually, so it wasn't really all that long ago. But anyhow, Saturday night, I was having one of my nights where I was feeling a bit down and out and depressed. I have days (and sometimes weeks) like that where I get depressed and blue and just don't like people, myself included, all that much. There are circumstances and reasons, which I won't go into here, but times aren't really that great and it's hard to keep a positive face and smile all the time. And sometimes, I give up and don't even feel like trying. Those are the days where I don't talk on Facebook, don't answer the phone, and don't even leave the house unless I have to. What can I say? Sometimes life is a bitch and she slaps me down. And then there are moments that are inspiring and strength invoking and make me feel that there is hope and good and light a fire under my depressed ass. So this would be one of those moments.

I'm not going to mention the person's name because it really doesn't matter. He knows who he is and I know who he is. So here's how it goes. I was depressed as hell on Saturday night. And I stayed up far too late reading (until around 3:30am) and went to bed. And at 6:15am, I woke up to a tapping at my window. A long time friend that I haven't seen in quite a long time was here at my house. Most people would be annoyed at being woke up like that, but I was so surprised and shocked to see this dude, I couildn't be mad. And we hung out and rode around and talked some for a few hours. And with that appearance, those brief couple of hours of pure, true friendship, all of my blues, my pains, my insecurities (of which there are many) and bad feelings just drifted away and vanished. It's hard to explain, but it just felt good and real and there were no ulterior motives or issues involved. And although I have plenty of wonderful and awesome people in my life, I can count on one hand how many can deal with my quirks, my insecurities, my moodiness and the total package and still be just real and true and unassuming, accepting me as I am, including my asshole side. Me and this guy have had differences in the past and things got pretty nasty a couple of times. That's probably why he's so able to accept me as I am now without hesitation. We've both walked down dark paths and in some pretty bad places. I don't judge him and luckily he doesn't judge me.

I'm tired of talking about this. I guess I just can't rant or ramble like I used to. Maybe it's getting too real and too deep. I prefer my ranting rambles to be funny and amusing and sometimes even thought provoking. All I'm getting is "whiney ass" tonight. Long story short - times have been a real bitch as of late, for the past couple of years actually, but really blah over the past few months, worse than usual. And I was thinking and feeling alone and sad and disgusted with the world and everyone in it. But this guy showed me a bright light amid the darkness. And with his early AM appearance, he pushed back the darkness for just a bit longer. And well... for that, I am very appreciative.

I'm watching Conan O'Brien on TV right now (Rob Lowe is the guest) and I hate to admit it, but he really is annoying. Rob Lowe is cool (and still sexy after all these years), but Conan is trying to be funny (which is okay because he's a comedian) and that's taking away from the interview and distracting. There's a time to be silly and stupid and there's a time to sit back and let the guest talk. Sit your ass down, Conan!! He's still a helluva lot more entertaining though than Jay Leno. And Conan doens't give up shows and then take them back either. I still think Jay Leno is a major ass-wipe for that.

I'm still doing very well, keeping the diabetes under control and not drinking very often and all of that stuff that older, middle-aged people are supposed to do. The diabetes thing is annoying as hell, but I have several people who remind me regularly (nag) me to make sure that I behave and eat semi-properly and stick to the caffeine free diet drinks. Yuck!! But I've gotten used to them.

So far as the drinking goes, I wish I had someone here that I could occasionally drink a beer or ten with and just relax and cut loose a little bit. I think that's part of my problem and why I stay so down in the dumps and depressed so often. Even the best of us need to sometimes be able to let loose a little anxiety and agression and everything else that we hold inside so well every so often. I behave myself and keep everything bottled up inside me, both good or bad. I'm not an emotive or expressive person in the real world. I don't ask for help and I don't play well with others (my asshole traits I mentioned earlier). And the only time I've ever been able to just totally relax and cut loose and unleash all the inhibitions that hold me in place is with drinking. All of my old drinking buddies are gone now. Matt cleaned up and went to Lumberton. I'm happy for him and miss him tremendously, but it's the best thing for him and what he needed to do. Youngblood got married and just cut me off entirely from his life. I don't mind that so much, but he never gave a warning or has never explained why. His choice. James and Danny are both in jail and to be honest, that's where they need to be. Good riddance. And Brian works all the time. Kenneth has a new child and family to watch over. And that leaves who...??? I don't drink alone and all my favorite drinking buddies are MIA. So that means quiet nights at home and watching TV. I hate quiet nights at home. I need a night out to get shit-faced and sloppy. Anyone want to go out and play? Call me!

Life goes on and this isn't nearly as fun or entertaining as I wanted it to be. I guess I'm in the wrong mood tonight to do all of that stuff. Guess I'm gonna close this up and go work on that "Fact or Fiction" column. Or maybe not.

I want a real Pepsi. Or a Bud Light. Or a hot man with some sexy eyes and lots of love to share. Too bad the twenty-one year old studly across the road is straight, not that it really matters. But he also doesn't like me all that much and is somewhat anti-social. That might make a difference. But still, I'd like to get a chance to talk to him a little bit and at least be friends (with benefits). Maybe one day, right? I doubt it, but he's a good looking guy and a very sexy beast. And in the words of Wanda from "In Living Color", I'd rock his world.

And now, I'll really end this. I'm not in the mood to ramble any longer and that column isn't going to write itself. Plus I need to go for a walk. Yeppers, my friends. It's midnight and cold as heck outside. So naturally, I feel like heading out and taking a walk. Sounds good, doesn't it? I think so.

Have a good night. I'm out of here.

Ubuntu!

No comments:

Post a Comment