Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gray

I woke up today
and everything was gray
my room, the walls
the yard outside
and even the sky
all gray

I feel so alone
even though I know I'm not
I feel so useless
like a car spinning it's wheels
making lots of noise
but not moving an inch

I need to get away for a while
I need to find that happy place once more
so I can draw the strength
and peace of mind and soul
and continue on my way

but I have responsibilities
I have committments
I have obligations
so I get up and get dressed
and like the obedient little drone
I put on the smile
put on the mask
and prepare to report for duty

I do for everyone else
and hide my tears away
but when will I do for me
when will I break from the pack
get out of the rut
find that elusive happiness once more?

when will the gray change
and become color again?
that's all I ask to know
that's all I need to know
I woke up today
and everything was gray

8-17-09

No comments:

Post a Comment