Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Special!!

A long time ago, I met a person just briefly
under the most trying of circumstances
and knew this guy was special

our paths crossed again
and though we weren't quite friends
it was good enough
I could see the charm and magic
and I knew this guy was special

A whim and a letter
strictly impulse
and the care, the intelligence
the heart and soul
began to shine through
and I knew this guy was special

and now
after just a brief time together
but a lifetime full of thoughts
and ideas and laughs
and tears
I know this guy is special

I'm thankful for you
for your friendship
your love and understanding
you accept me as I am
and I extend the same courtesy to you
and it just feels good
it feels right
because we're both special

you're a great guy
a great friend
you life me up when I'm down
and keep me settled when I'm drifting too far away
you found a way past the walls
and a place in the garden that is my heart

what can I say
except I love you
I thank you
I appreciate you
and to me
you are forever
very special

Ubuntu, my friend
that one word says it all
it's a special word
for a special type of understanding
with a very special person
you...

6-26-09

No comments:

Post a Comment