Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fifty Odd Things Survey: October 26, 2011

50 Odd Things Survey..
1. Do you like blue cheese? Cheese should never be blue - nothing that is natural is blue - and it has chunks. What are those chunks? Nasty!!!

2. Have you ever smoked heroin? I always thought herion was more of a shooting up type of drug rather than a smoking type of drug, but then again, I've never used it, smoking or shooting up, so what the hell do I know?

3. Do you own a gun? I do have a thirty year old Daisy BB Gun (and no, I didn't put my eye out) - don't know if it still works though. I should go get some BB's and find out. Where is that damn Mockingbird when I need him?

4. Your favorite song of all time? Alice Cooper's "I Never Cry" is probably my most favorite - but I do have to admit that the "Smurf's theme" is also strong in my heart.. "La la la la la la sing a happy song"... lol

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? I get very nervous before any appointment, be it a doctor, a barber or even walking into the store to get a paper. I have issues with dealing with people and extreme anti-social tendencies which results in severe anxiety. Sad, I know...

6. What do you think of hot dogs? I like hot dogs with ketchup, mustard and homemade chili. That might be a good thing to fix for dinner tonight? Hmmm!

7. Favorite Christmas song? The Little Drummer Boy, as sung by Bing Crosby & David Bowie. It's truly a classic with two very distinct voices blending together to create magic. I also like that song by Robert Earl Keen called "Merry Christmas From The Family". - it's the quinsential Christmas song... lol.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? I want a real Pepsi and would prefer a real Pepsi -but usually have to settle for a Diet Pepsi or a Diet Coke (bleh). So long as it's cold, wet and has a crisp bite to get me moving, I'm happy.

9. Can you do push ups? Those little orange flavored Ice Cream treats - I can do them all day long. Yummy!!!

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? A small gold hoop earring that I have, with small rainbow colored hoops on it - a friend from a long time ago gave it to me - he's no longer in the picture (thank goodness - he turned out to be a total ass-clown), but I have the memories of the good times and the better parts of that somewhat awkward relationship.

11. Favorite hobby? Writing. I try to make sure I write something (at teast a letter, usually far more) every day. Also, sleeping and cooking are also favorite activities.

12. Secret weapon to get the opposite sex? Why the hell would I want to get the opposite sex? They can't do anything for me... lol. Maybe my secret weapon would be to hold up a shirt and say it needs to be ironed?? Damn, that sounds sexist. I'm ONLY JOKING! Hell, I just tell women that I'm gay - that attracts them like flies to a pile of... you get the idea.

13. Do you have A.D.D.? Probably - I can't pay attention to crap and get distracted easily - especially by that damn phone which NEVER QUITS RINGING!!!

14. What one trait do you hate about yourself? My insecurities and lack of confidence in myself - In my mind, I know that I'm extremely capable and can do the things I need (and want) to do, BUT despite that, almost every task, especially when it comes to dealing with other people is a major effort.

15. Middle Name? Alan

16. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I need to get off my ass and write a letter to Cal today. I lost a tooth this morning and my tongue keeps going to the place where it was - it feels weird. And I wonder if my letter about the SC Voter ID Law is going to make it into the Laurinburg Exchange? And the kid from up the road is really growing up fast. Nice!!

17. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Yesterday, I bought house shoes (getting tired of my socks getting worn out / tore so quickly), Snickers (the baby ones - got them for the Halloween kids allegedly, but they're really for me) and stamps. (I really need to get to work on writing that letter to Cal.)

18. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Diet Pepsi, Diet Coke and Water

19. Current worry right now? Will the lottery ticket I purchased yesterday hit for me and will I become a multi-millionaire and if that happens, will I be able to handle the pressure of being a rich bastard?

20. Current hate right now? I don't really do "Hate" - I do dislikes and I do "some people need a high five - across the face - with a steel chair", but I don't do "hate" - it's a terrible emotion that serves no productive purpose except to eat away at a person from inside. Hmmmm - something I majorly dislike is how lies by one person has hurt a person I care for a great deal. I think that bitch needs the high-five I mentioned just a moment ago.

21. Favorite place to be? Anywhere but here at the moment. Wilmington would be nice - so would Pine Acres Lodge... lol

22. How did you bring in the New Year? I think I was over at Brian's house (or was that the year before?) - I don't remember for sure.

23. Where would you like to go? To the beach or Wilmington - or New York (hey Russ - got room for a houseguest?) Anywhere, that is not Laurinburg or Scotland County, would be nice.

24. Name three people who will complete this? I'm not putting it out there for others to complete - I doing this because I'm bored. But if anyone wants to cut and paste and complete it themselves, feel free to do so.

25. Do you own slippers? Bought them yesterday and they are black and very cool. Comfy too..

26. What shirt are you wearing? A light green button up that looks very good on me - it brings out my eyes.

27. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Nope - too slippery. I like plain and simple cotton sheets.

28. Can you whistle? Slightly, but not enough to record a song with Guns & Roses... lol (Anyone get that reference?) I CAN embarass a guy walking down the street with a loud wolf-whistle though. I like the sexy guys!!

29. Favorite colors? Black, Purple and Hot Pink...

30. Would you be a pirate? Would I travel the seas for months at a time, forgoing regular baths, living on wine, women and plunder, being a scourge of the seas with no future except for death by drowning, death in battle, or death by hanging if we're caught by legal authorities. What a life. Would I do it? Hell no- unless I get to sail with Johnny Depp as my cabin mate. And Chris Elliot as my Cabin Boy (loved that movie) - and then I might consider it... lol

31. What songs do you sing in the shower? I song songs by Waylon and Alice mostly, but occasionally I'll break out with the Sinatra tunes. And if I'm feeling really good, I'll cut loose with the soundtrack songs from "Rent". Now that is a must-hear experiences. I rock!!!

32. Favorite girl's name? I love the name Theresa (my sister and my best friend have that name), but would also consider Raven, Diane and Shaniqua for any female demon-spawn children that my loins might help produce.

33. Favorite boy's name? Vince or Vincent is my favorite guy name, followed by Christopher, Michael & Alphonso.

34. What's in your pocket right now? My hand - I'm feeling around to see I had anything stuck in my pockets - and I don't.

35. Last thing that made you laugh? Greg Gutfield - I'm watching "The Five" on Fox News right now -and the interations between Gutfield and Bob Beckle is laugh out loud hilarious. These guys belong on a stand-up comics stage.

36. Best bed sheets as a child? I had a set of Snoopy sheets - complete with matching curtains, pillow cases, etc that was incredibly awesome. Snoopy (Joe Cool) was de' man (or dog as the case may be).

37. Worst injury you've ever had? Physical injuries have taken their toll over the years (broken ankle, broken wrists, head split open & stitches, surgery on throat, detached retina, etc) but all of those pale in comparison to the hurt caused when you're betrayed or forgotten by someone who you trusted, loved and gave your heart. Physical injuries heal - injuries to the heart never do.

38. Do you love where you live. I like this house - I like my neighbors and if circumstances were different, I would love to live here for the rest of my years BUT things being as they are (no jobs, no privacy), for the time being, what I NEED is to be somewhere else.

39. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three - one that doens't work, one in the living room and one in the kitchen.
40. Who is your loudest friend? At the moment, I don't really have any extremely loud friends - I'm not naming any names. Danny is the loudest in the bedroom... lol
41. How many dogs do you have? No dogs - no cats - no pets of any kind. I want a cat!!

42. Does someone have a crush on you? Not that I'm aware of, but if there is anyone, please speak up - maybe we can talk a bit and work something out... lol
43. What is your favorite book? Hugh Prather's "Notes To Myself" is still among my favorites. Add the Anne Rice "Vampire Chronicles" series of books, The Twilight Series and "Standing Firm" by Dan Quayle.

44. What is your favorite candy? Baby Snickers - love 'em. And jelly beans!

45. Favorite Sports Team? In College, it's the UNC Tarheels. For the NFL, it's San Francisco 49'ers and The Carolina Panthers, and for sports in general, it's the WWE Superstars. Woo Woo Woo - You Know It!

46. What song do you want played at your funeral? "Thunderbird" by Quiet Riot, "I'll Cover You" from the RENT soundtrack, "Highwayman" by Cash, Willie, Waylon & Kristofferson and finally "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" by WHAM - I love that song.

47. What were you doing 12 AM last night? Watching the replay of Sons of Anarchy and thinking to myself, "Damn, Clay is a evil SOB". Probably playing on the computer too, checking my facebook & stuff..

48. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? What time is it? I have to pee!

49. What is your favorite thing to pamper yourself? Just sitting back on the couch, sipping a Pepsi or cold Bud Light with no interruptions or people wandering in and out while I watch old movies. A night out with friends, away from the house where everyone is drinking, happy and getting along - that's a night of pure bliss & heaven and pampering to me.

50. What is something that you want for Christmas this year? I want Cal to come home, once and for all, for good and all of this B.S. behind him - behind us. That's ALL I want - anything else would pale in comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment