Monday, October 24, 2011

Random Musings: October 24, 2011


Watching WWE Monday Night Raw and I figured that this would be a good time to jump ramble and rant for a while about different things. Some might be wrestling related, which is only natural since I'm watching wrestling. And other things... may not.

CM Punk has been getting buried as of late and losing that appeal that made him stand out. With that one segment where he trash-talked Johnny Ace and went after Alberto, he's gotten his heat back just that quickly.

I want to throw a big party and have a "Stoney Crew & Friends" reunion. All of the old crowd from my Showtime / St. Andrews days, plus the Wilmington and McColl peeps too. Add a few friends from my Hasty days and the world of "Club Dairy Mart" and let the good times roll.

Zack Ryder in the main event. Woo Woo Woo - you know it!

They need to do a celebrity version of American Idol. They can call it (surprise) Celebrity American Idol and have 10 Celebrities who are NOT known for being singers compete each week, just like they do the regular show, until we get a winner, who can win an album deal. Can't you just imagine the fun and craziness?

Jim Ross > Michael Cole

I haven't drank an alcoholic beverage in almost four months. Not too shabby for me. But I'm sure that as soon as I get through this next week, I'll definitely make up for lost time. In fact, I'm counting on it.

I'm thinking about writing a book consisting of an assortment of stories, thoughts, surveys and rants, like a 2011 version of a much younger (and slightly more eclectic) version of Andy Rooney. I think I would be quite good with something like that. But is there an audience for a book like that? If the stats at my blog-site, where I write at least one thing a day are any indication, the answer is yes. And if I do manage to put something together, maybe I could get up with someone who has a video camera (and a faster computer) and do a three-minute rant, like Rooney does (did) on 60 Minutes every week and post it on YouTube. I could be an internet sensation. I'm already an internet wrestling journalist (whatever the hell that is) so it'd just be taking the columns which I've been doing since 2003 and going to the next level. All of this is something to consider anyhow.

Currently reading a book about Richard Nixon. The man was a good President and accomplished many good things for our country during his time in power, but remember that classic quote of his, where he wanted to make it perfectly clear that he was NOT a crook? Well, guess what? President Nixon was as honest as President Bill Clinton was faithful to his marriage vows. He's always been a fascinating individual and one of my favorite historical figures, but guess what? He was also extremely corrupt with a capital "C".

Jim Ross versus Michael Cole for the job of lead announcer of RAW? See what I said earlier. Still true! J.R. would chew Michael Cole up like a plate full of BBQ!

I saw somewhere that Guns & Roses are fixing to go on tour. Axl needs to get his stuff together, drop that imitation band he's been working with and give Slash a call. It it's not Slash, Duff, Izzy. Matt and Gilby with Axl, then it's not really Guns & Roses. By the way, I didn't include Steven Adler because... have you seen him lately? He's a mess. Go call Dr. Drew. But the rest of the band - I want to see the real GnR back one more time.

Damn, I just realized something. R-Truth thinks I'm a "Little Jimmy"... Oh vey!

Ryder gets the pre-match backstage beatdown. That means he comes out at the end of the match for the save on Cena and wins the match for his team (I hope). Woo Woo Woo. And Yogi Bear's partner is Boo Boo Boo! You know it!

Too bad Leslie Neilson and George Kennedy are both dead and O.J. Simpson is in prison. I would love to see a new Naked Gun movie. Priscilla Presley is still around, but she had a faulty plastic surgery job and got her face messed up. She could still do a cameo though and they could re-cast the other roles.

I need a new tattoo. Okay, maybe I don't really "need" it, but I want a new one.

Cena picked "The Rock" as his partner for Survivor Series and spit out a big wad of drool while doing so. That was nasty! Guess I was wrong about Ryder making the save. Oh well.

Flipping to watch "The Ed Show" and listen to the biggest lying looney-tune on cable, Ed Shultz, ramble a bit. This guy is a total whack-job to the max. He makes Keith Olbermann, who was a bit out there in his own right, look like former NC Senator Jesse Helms (R-NC) by comparison. Shultz doesn't just drink the kool-aid - he's shooting it up and bathing in it as well.

Bert & Ernie are NOT gay. They're just friends. Very, very, very close friends.

I wish Cal was here. I'll see him tomorrow though. That'll be good.

I wonder who would win in a fight between Wolverine (of the X-Men) and Freddy Kruger (of Nightmare on Elm Street)? My money is on the guy with the claws.

If I ever record an album (and let's all hope I don't because my voice is total crap these days), the songs I'd cover on it are Dr. Hook's "Sylvia's Mother", Alice Cooper's "No Tricks" and Bobby Bare's "Numbers". Those songs - I can still rock! But no matter how much anyone pleads or asks, I would NOT sing Madonna's "Like A Virgin". It's been a long, long time since I've been to a karaoke bar and sang anyhow (at least fifteen years, but probably longer). Now that would be a scary sight to see and hear. But give me a few Bud LIght's (and a shot or two of some Crown Royal or Goldschlagger) and I'd do it.

Hillary Clinton should have been elected President in 2008. She was far better a choice than either Obama or McCain. She didn't get the nomination though and we ended up with two bad candidiates and either way, we were going to be screwed. And we were. And this upcoming election, with the choices in the lead on the Republican side as candidiates taking on Obama, we're still pretty screwed. Mitt? Perry? Cain? More like Larry, Moe and Curley Joe to me. The Three Stooges taking on Abbott & Costello (Obama & Biden). We are so screwed!!

Time for bed - good night everyone. Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment