Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Three Dreams - October 18, 2011

Had a weird night of tossing and turning last night. And dreams... lots of very strange and weird dreams. It was like a Triple-Feature film at the local movie show. I woke up exhausted. Going to try and remember them as best I can before the memories fade away.

The first one had me in a house. Not sure where or why, but it was a house and I was a guest there. And I was in someone's room. I way laying in the bed and thinking about stars. And a knock on the door and a young man I know, merely as an aquaintance came in and he's only wearing boxers and a t-shirt. And I'm looking at him and wondering what he's doing there. And then I realized it's his room. This young man, who I'll call Christopher, is talking about how he wants to travel the world. And I'm watching him and thinking to myself that he's a good looking guy, but he's underage and off limits. (Even in my dreams, I'm making sure I stay legal). And then, he turns and looks directly at me. The face is so sad and vivid in my memory and he asks if I'm staying around for a while or leaving. I answer that I don't know what I'm doing and want to write a book. He asks if he can do the illustrations and since I know he's very talented in the drawing and painting department, I say "but of course" and he jumped at me, putting his arms around my neck and saying "thank you".

And then I woke up to go pee. Well, I wouldn't call it waking up so much as my eyes opened and I sleep-walked into the bathroom, did my business and came back to bed. My eyes were open, but my body was just on automatic and as soon as I hit the bed again, I was back asleep.

And into another dream. This time, I'm at an old house where I used to stay on occasion - it's the Mans uptown in Laurinburg. Well, it's City Hall now, but an old friend of mine used to live there and for several years, it was one of my homes away from home. Anyhow, I'm at the Mans and in the kitchen, washing dishes and complaining about how messy everyone was. My sister, Lynn, is there and she is asking if I've talked to my agent? Why I have an agent, I don't know. I said, "No, but I talked to Christopher", the same guy from my first dream. And she goes, "you know he's rich, right?"

And this just baffles me because I know he's not rich and hell, he's a teenager too. And I just shrug and say, "okay". And then I hear some voices and I can't see who it is, but they're saying that he's not rich - he's a kept man and this woman pays him money. And I'm just wondering why this is my concern? And the voices, which I still can't identify, say that he's miserable and hates his life. And I'm just listening and drinking a glass of juice and wondering if I should call him. And I hear thunder and see lightning flash outside the window and then I wake up again.

Yeah, this is all confusing to me too. So where was I? I woke up and looked at the clock. 4:35 am - I did some quick figuring in my head and realized that I still had over three hours to go before my alarm goes off, so I rolled over and went back to sleep again.

And I start dreaming again almost immediately. I'm in what seems to be a classroom, complete with these small desks like they used in the elementary school. And I'm sitting there listening to a woman I don't recognize up at the front of the room talking. And I realize that I'm in jail and this is some kind of orientation process. She's talking and I'm playing with my pencil, doodling on a notebook. I see flashes of people cramped into cages and am wondering to myself how I'll ever make it through this. I tell myself that I only have a few hours, but then I get scared as I realize that I'm there for several months. A guy comes in and I recognize him - he's a current police officer with the Sheriff's Department and he tells me that I'll be okay and to drink a Pepsi. And I look down and there is a six-pack of Pepsi's on the ground next to me. I reach down and grab a bottle and crack the top, but the guy behind me says that I'm going to get everyone in trouble - that's a violation of the rules and if I don't put it down, he's ratting me out. I take a quck swig and set the bottle aside and my pencil lead breaks. I look around for a pencil sharpener and hear a woman's voice saying "stand in line". I'm in a line and ask where we're going because the line is moving and leading somewhere. No one answers and then I woke up.

And that's when I decided enough was enough. It's not quite 7am and although I have an hour or so to go before I have to get up, I can't handle any more dreams. And here we are now.

I think I'm going to holler at Christopher later on today. I can't help but think that two dreams, out of the blue like that, happened for a reason. We're not really friends so much as aquaintances - he lives several states away and we've only spoken a few times when he was down here visiting family. Smart kid, very energetic and good personality, but still, he's a kid. But I'll give a quick "whazzup?" and check in. And I'm also going to quit eating a bowl of chili right before going to sleep. All those spices might have had something to do with these dreams as well.

And I can't think of anything else to say. Gotta run and get things done today. Time is NOT on my side. Anyhow, those are my dreams from the past few hours. And now, I need a nap. Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment